Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Guitars of OKen Part III/Basses and Smaller Brands

Most of my guitars were either Gibsons, Fenders, or Epiphones. I did, however, dabble in some other brands, and owned some Basses, because I'm all about that...(gets kicked by teenagers)...ow...

14. Fender Precision Bass
It's the one you get when you don't know what you should get. Had it for so long it became unplayable.
15. Squire Jazz Bass
Squire is the budget version of Fender. This bass was $199 and it was great. Jazz basses have thinner necks so they are great for assholes with small hands like me! Wish I kept this one...
16. Ibanez RG 220B
My metal/shred guitar...except, I don't shred. GREAT neck! This was the only guitar I had with a Floyd Rose tremelo (those should be called vibratos but I digress) I had 400 bucks from various birthday gifts and I went and bought it. I liked it fine, but changing strings on a Floyd Rose is a pain in my ass!
17. Paul Reed Smith SE
DAMN IT! I got rid of this one and they don't make these types anymore. A very simple, well built guitar I could play anything with! STUPID OKEN for trading this one in. I HATED every PRS I have played since!
18. PRS SE Custom 24
Looked cool, hated it...had it for less than a month
19. PRS SE Santana
HATED this guitar! HATED it! Never stayed in tune and it was SOULLESS! It was a pleasure to trade in!

20. Gretsch G5120 Electromatic
I love Gretschs. I currently own two (more on the my present ones later) This one was beautiful! It was the best piece of ass I ever had..and I had 'em all over the world!!!!!! Wait..got carried away there. It was a looker but I did not like the non secured bridge. It was a reluctant trade, but the right move
21. Gretsch 5124T Electromatic
The big brother of the last one. Better pickups, looked a little slicker, and I got that plus a case on a trade in that exchanged zero dollars, so I pulled the trigger...then got rid of it 2 months later, because I have issues...
Goddamn! Are you ready for my Gibsons?  Be on the lookout for The Guitars of OKen Part IV/Gibsons!






No comments:

Post a Comment