Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Guitars of OKen Part IV/Gibson

Gibson guitars are goddamned expensive...the soup is fucking ten dollars...The most I have ever spent on a guitar has been a Gibson. I've only ever had Les Pauls and SGs. I have detailed a few of them earlier. Here are the rest...

22. Gibson Les Paul Studio (Burgundy)
Gold Hardware (Yuck) 490R and 498T pickups(sounded good) My hand kept getting stuck up and down the neck when it got hot.  I never really bonded with it.
23. Les Paul Jr.
Got in in a trade, I discovered that I don't like p90 pickups (goddamn HUM) plus I noticed it had a repaired neck crack (which I found out they knew that at the Sam Ash I got it from...fuckers!)
24. SG special 60s Tribute
P90s again...sometimes it only takes me 36 times to learn...
25. 2014 SGJ(J is for Jr)
Good knock around guitar, the anniversary logo on the 12th fret is stupid, but it was only 400 bucks! I sold this one for 300 cash. (Forrest Gump enters) ..and that's all I have to say about that...
26. 2013 SG Standard
Gorgeous...WOULD NOT FUCKING EVER STAY IN FUCKING TUNE! There is an inherent problem with Gibsons, especially SGs. The angled headstock, coupled with the 3 x 3 nature of the tuning pegs causes the strings to take an unnatural bend, especially the D and G strings. With the G being unwound and less stable, AND the inferior nuts Gibson puts on their guitars(I mean, Jesus Christ! We're paying a shitload, put a good freaking nut on ALL OF THEM), this causes that tuning instability, thus making it virtually unplayable.
Didn't want to get rid of it, but it drove me nuts (and clearly to walk up short ladders) THANKS OBAMA!!!


Next up...FENDER!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment