Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Guitars of OKen Part VII/ The Current Crop

I have six of them. Here they are from oldest to newest...

51. American Special Stratocaster.
I wanted a Strat with three single coil pickups. The previous ones I have owned had a humbucker at the bridge. I wanted a traditional set up. I love it. It stays in tune, it sounds amazing, it's dependable as Bolivian Mule carrying shitloads of gold dust up a mountain. I have used this in many gigs and it is a workhorse.
52. Gibson SG Standard 2013
The last great year of the SG, I had a professional refile the nut so the G does not go out of tune the second you pluck it. It is the best neck I have ever played on. It is the most comfortable guitar I have ever played. It is beautiful and sounds incredible. This will never leave, ever.
53. Fender Stratacoustic
I wanted another acoustic. I want a thin shell. I like the neck. It's for an easy carry to a vocal rehearsal.
54. Gretsch 5622CBT Electromatic Centerblock
Love. Love. Love. Love the three pickups, love the look, love the sound. Put a compressor on this and it melts icecaps.  I have not gigged with this as of yet, but rest assured, and the next gig, I will!
55. Gretsch G5623 Bono Red Signature Electromatic.
Yes, I hate signature guitars, but this one is so cool and sounds so great, AND I got if for almost HALF the price!!! I love, love love. my Gretsch guitars. Nothing else sounds like them.
56. Squire Affinity Telecaster
Che-hee-heep, but effective. This is my "Leave it at where we rehearse" guitar. Serviceable. Did I mention cheap? You can't go wrong with some of these Squire brand guitars!




There you have it...all 56! If anything changes, I will keep you updated!



No comments:

Post a Comment