Friday, February 20, 2015

The Guitars of OKen Part V/Fender

Fenders always stay in tune. The 6 tuning pegs on one side, angled so that the string goes straight from bridge to neck makes it so. The issue here  is that with Stratocasters (Strats) there is always a floating bridge, or tremolo and if you bust a string during a song, you are fucked. I open up the back and tighten the screws connected to the springs that hold the bridge in place, thus flattening it so it doesn't float. My kingdom for a hard tail Strat! (they do have them...it costs money) Telecaster (Tele) don't have this. I used to hate Teles, but now I love them...and I love you...
Also, there are American made Fenders, Mexican made ones (MIM) and Japanese ones (MIJ)

27. Highway One Stratocaster
This probably should have been in my first post because I used this one quite a bit as well. I LOVE the big 70s headstock and that's all I want on my Strats henceforth...(I said "henceforth")
28. MIM Satin Strat
Cheap, never played it out. This is when I had 13 or so guitars at once...oops.
29. Fender Road Worn Stratocaster
It was like 300 bucks off, so I couldn't pass it up. Turns out, I should have. I hate fake relic'd guitars. I had this for less than a month
30. Fender Modern Player Jazzmaster
My only Jazzmaster, I liked it enough. Looked beautiful, nice humbuckers,  perhaps I should have kept it. I liked that vibrato.

31. MIM Telecaster, red
Returned it in less than a month.
32. MIM Telecaster, Black
Need the Undo button on this one. Yes, they are all the same model, but some play different than others. This sounded great and I should never have gotten rid of this one. This is one that you have forever, unless you are me and have a condition...
33. MIM Telecaser, Sunburst
Jesus, it's like I need to go to some type of Purchaser's Anonymous. (it was a trade, no money exchanged)
This never sounded as good as the black one. Never.
OK! We are in home stretch! Next up is a big one...EPIPHONE!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment